Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes & The Cat's Meow.

Picture 2

Hi you guys!

Well here is my weekly contribution to my little baking project : Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They are pretty badass if I must say so myself. The great thing about these ones are that they've got strawberry pieces at the bottom, and topped with crushed biscuits for an added crunch. Soooo good.


But first things first- Eclipse. So to follow through with our tradition of seeing the Twilight movies at Gold Class cinemas, myself, sister, Christine and Jenny made our way to Maquarie Centre last Sunday.

Personally, I thought it was quite enjoyable and its production value was waaaaaaaay better than New Moon (you know, when Edward's face pops up next to Bella's head and tells her not to do dangerous things. How cheesy was that?!). It was engaging from the very beginning where Riley gets attacked by the vampires, to Jacob with his shirt off, Jacob being a human/wolf heater in a sleeping bag with his shirt off, Jacob lying in his bed with half his body in a cast with his shirt off... did I mention the fact that Jacob had his shirt off?

As you may have guessed I am Team Jacob all the way! Yeah, yeah, lame I know. Whatever, I don't care! Try and make me not post pictures of Jacob... which is what I'm going to do rigggghhhhhtttttttt here:

jacob.001

Hmm.. I didn't know that I was going to write just about Jacob's abs. Maybe it says something about the film? That Kristen Stewart and Robert Patterson aren't that worth mentioning?That they're really good at lacking charisma and personality? Just my opinion anyway. Bringgggg on Breaking Dawn and Jacob and his abs. ha ha..


So you may have thought that my waffling on about Taylor Lautner was in reference to tonight's title 'The Cat's Meow'. If you thought that, you were so wrong. Check this out.

IMG_2704

Holy holy moley. Last Saturday I decided to have a nice stroll around Newtown, particularly down south end of King St as I never really get the chance to make my way round those parts. On my way past the markets, I decided to drop by Black Star Pastry (on Australia St) which I'd heard only good things about. Sitting there on its lonesome was the very last strawberry and watermelon cake which I had to have. Get in my belly!!

It truly was The Cat's Meow. Sigh. If you're every around Newtown, you need to stop here and try this. mmm mmmm... strawberry and watermelon layer cake... mmm. Ok enough of that.

This is what I made this week:

Picture 4

cupcake1
Strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. There are strawberry pieces in the cake, and the frosting is topped with crushed biscuits- hows that for the ultimate icing?


Picture 3
Look, I have the same hair as my Japanese doll. Waaaaaay cool.

So going by my blog posts, I've officially kept up my little project for 11 weeks now ( well actually 13, but let's not remind ourselves about my 2 week long hiatus shall we?). This is most awesome news. I must admit that when I created this blog out of pure boredom , I didn't think it would go further than a couple of weeks. And 11 weeks of yummy baked goods later, and with readers from outside of Sydney Australia ( Hellooo Inter-state and International friends!) it's still here! Yay.

But... not to rain on my own parade, I'm not sure if I can write next week. Things are getting mighty busy for Bake Thang! I've got a 3 day shoot which will take me back to serial killer motel for TWO WHOLE NIGHTS , back for a day then off to Melbourne with Christine for a couple of days. Sweet! ( not about the motel bit).

Until then,

x A.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for another awesome post Bake Thang!

    loving your weekly recipes and updates.

    the pictures are amazing also (and i'm not just talking about the ones of the mega hot under-aged but totally lust-worthy movie star).

    hope you survive your imminent sleepover at serial killer motel. make sure you don't watch that movie about the motel, with the serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this blog has got itself confused with a movie blog?

    i like the japanese doll.

    ReplyDelete