Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You Want Wintry Comfort Food?

I'll give ya comfort food.

CCAKE1


Yep, thats another Hummingbird Bakery success story right there. Carrot cake with cinnamon and walnut, topped with cream cheesey goodness. Yummo! I think this one is my favourite so far.

But before I start salivating again, lets talk puppies . This week I had the best shoot day ever. Anyone who knows me well would know that there are three things that can make me feel utterly joyous without difficulty:

  1. good food
  2. good shopping
  3. PUPPIES!!
So needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed getting to cuddle these little rascals for a day- all in the name of work. I love work!

IMG_7574

mepuppies.003

As for the second highlight of my week, I had a friend's birthday dinner at Rock Pool Bar & Grill on Hunter St in the city. Oh.my.gosh. It was totally worth the $140. The birthday girl booked a private room which was a great idea- very intimate ( and they even dimmed the lights ooooh).

I ended up getting the Cape Grim fillet, as well as trying a few different sides : potato puree, hand cut fat chips, sauteed mixed mushrooms, mac and cheese ( yes this was available at Neil Perry's restaurant) onion rings, but the best side was the charcoal oven roast pumpkin and sweet potato with garlic yoghurt and burnt butter. And to top it off, I had the vanilla panacotta with rose granita.So so very good. Would definitely recommend eating here, and our waitress was so helpful. 9/10.

So yep, those were the best parts of my week. Oh, I also got my arse whooped again at Zumba but I think that it's a good thing right? No pain, no gain baby!

But anyway, on to the serious stuff- carrot cake. I must admit when it was in dough-ey form in my mixing bowl I was starting to doubt Hummingbird's recipe as it didn't look very nice at all. More like baby poop. But I was so wrong and you can see for yourself:


IMG_2693

CCAKE2

As I mentioned before, this has got to best my favourite recipe to date. The cake was super moist, and had abit of extra crunch with the walnuts. And as I'm a huge fan of cinnamon ( ie, I would tip half the shaker of cinnamon in if i could), it smelt sooooo good everytime I lifted the cake stands cover. salivatingggggg.

On another note: since I figure that no one actually reads the recipe, I won't bother typing it out. That said, if you do want the recipe, let me know and I'll be more than happy to share!


I guess thats all for now, it's Tuesday night and The Real Housewives of Atlanta is on.

x A

p.s- apologies for the wonky picture placement, am still figuring out the quirks of blogspot.

3 comments:

  1. I read your recipes! I need them because I'm so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ok, will update with the recipe!

    You'll most definitely need this winter warmer over there in the chilly UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg looks sooooo good, do you still have some left? looks like i might have to come over...

    ReplyDelete