Thursday, September 16, 2010

Black Bottom Cupcakes - Definitely Top 5.



Good evening readers,

Tonight's post features one of my favourite baked creations ever attempted- the black bottom cupcake. The first time I'd ever eaten this was at Moose cafe in Newtown a few years back and it was so good. The chocolate sponge part of the cake was dense and not too sweet at all, and I remembered the top bit tasting more vanilla than the cheesecake topping I used with these.

The recipe was another Hummingbird Bakery one, which again did not fail to impress and induce food comas in my co-workers and I. I remember having one straight out of the oven when it was warm and the chocolate chips still melted, and it was pure indulgence. My eyes rolled back slightly. That good.





Honourable mentions go out to designers Jesse and Ian ( otherwise affectionately known as 'Jessoir' and 'Iballs' in the office) who kindly helped me out on adding some creative fairy dust to the pictures. Bakethang's resident photographer bailed this week to galavant somewhere in sunny paradise and went snorkeling with tropical fish or something. Whateverrrrr. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed with how the pictures turned out as they were taken on Iball's iphone 4. So crisp!

Other rather exciting news of late is one of my best friend's recent engagement!! I am so so so so so very happy for her and her man. Can't wait for the wedding ( and the hen's ), and wish them both nothing but the best.

Oh, and my Topshop purchase arrived on Monday! It doesn't really top my first bit of exciting news, but it is very pretty. The kind of pretty that is more suitable to a garden party or an engagement perhaps? But when am I going to go to a garden party? Sheesh. Thankfully, the recent news of the engagement came to light. Therefore, I believe this is destiny. I was mean't to buy this dress- not on a whim, but because I was mean't to wear it to Sammy's engagement.

I'll end this post with a song that I've been currently listening to on repeat. It's kind of cheesy, but very sweet at the same time.




PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment