Monday, May 24, 2010

Blondie Is The New Black


Or should i say, 'Blondie Is The New Brownie'. ha ha ha.

Hi.

So this week I decided to try out the Blondie recipe from Hummingbird Bakery's vault of goodies. What is a blondie you might ask? Well they are pretty much opposite to the traditional brownie- having white chocolate as the main ingredient as opposed to brown chocolate. easy!

I must confess though, that I was feeling super lazy on sunday and could not be arsed to take production photos. Look okay, I had a super tiring girly sleep over on saturday night, and it was cold and rainy on sunday. And plus, I was counting on my work friend to take nice pictures of it the next day. What I didn't count on was him forgetting his camera today!!! ( Good one.) So pictures will have to wait until tomorrow.


So to start off my weekend, I had brunch at Luxe Bakery Cafe on Missenden Rd in Newtown where we were greeted by this little rascal.







It was so so so cute and playful, with it's little polka dot vest get up!

Saturday night was girly sleep over night described in word association format:


disappearing lanes, lasagna, Argentinian red wine, white wine x 2, laughing at birthday photos, falling asleep during Van Wilder, Almond Magnums at midnight, learning new strategies to being awesome at Connect Four, being a bed bully, having awesome company.


As for Sunday, it was wet, cold and miserable. Thus, pretty uneventful apart from the actual baking bit. Apologies once more for the lack of visual representation, but I can assure that it was well received by the official taste-testers in my office, as well as my sister's fiance who scoffed 3 slices fresh out of the oven. Hummingbird Bakery's original recipe contains pecans , which I didn't have, so I substituted with milk chocolate chips. I'm pretty sure there are no complaints about that though! This is how I secured my employment for another week ( other than working very hard of course):

Ingredients:

  • 150 g white chocolate
  • 125g unsalted butter
  • 150g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (make that 2 tablespoons for me)
  • 200g plain flour
  • a pinch of salt
  • However much you want in choc chips ( for me, maybe about a cup and a half)

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
  2. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bottom of the bowl touch the water)
  3. Remove from heat and add sugar and stir. Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir quickly to that the eggs don't scramble
  4. Add flour, salt and chocolate chips until well combined
  5. Pour mixture into a greased tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. The top should be golden brown colour.
  6. Remove to cool and tuck in with vanilla ice cream!

Recipe 3 of 60 is now complete. I must say, this one was super easy and quick to bake and definitely a nice change to the ole brownie.





Until then,

x A

2 comments:

  1. These photos are hilarious!!! This was also my fav recipe so far, and that's saying something cos the others were ace. Monday's aren't so bad anymore with the prospect of Amy cakes in them! ROLL ON NEXT MONDAY!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gentlemen prefer Blondies.
    Especially when they taste this good.

    ReplyDelete