Monday, May 31, 2010

The White Rabbit Seems to Like it



Hi all!

So it's time for the Monday blog and boy do I have lots to tell you. This week has been a little bit epic ( how's that for an oxymoron?). It involved a whole lotta' baking, work and sangria.

Work this week has been abit of a whirlwind, with a loooooooong looooooong shoot that consisted of paint, spaceman suits, tired legs and a creepy motel. I've never stayed in a motel before, and it did not surpass my expectations of it being a playground for serial killers. Seriously. Think: deranged axeman on the rampage in a ghost town out in the middle of the sticks. Now with that in mind, the reality was : all of the above PLUS no tv remote, no complimentary toothpaste ( lucky I brought my own) and dark red wall paint and carpet... blood perhaps?


Anyhoo, I'M ALIVE!! I woke up bright and early for what seemed to be the longest day on earth, but results were good so everyone left happy and exhausted.

The sangria part of my weekend comes into play in celebrating Kat's 24th at Casa Asturina Spanish restaurant on Liverpool st. Yum. 5 glasses later and I was happier than the birthday girl!


The awesome birthday cake we got from Coles. Classy!



Happy birthday Kat!


But anyway, back to business. This week I had to whip something up a little earlier than usual, as I was occupied with paella and catching up with friends on sunday. So this is what I prepared earlier (always wanted to say that!)



Peanut butter and choc chunk cookies, ala Hummingbird Bakery. They were amazing. So very easy to make and very very tasty. So this is how its done:

Ingredients

  • 25og unsalted butter
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 200g light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ( by half, you mean 2 tablespoons right?)
  • 240g crunchy peanut butter
  • 340g plain flour
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 75g dark chocolate, chopped

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
  2. Cream butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy
  3. Beat in vanilla extract and peanut butter
  4. Add flour, bi carb and salt and mix well.
  5. Stir chocolate until evenly dispersed
  6. Roll dough into little balls and place onto tray- make sure they're well apart otherwise they'll stick together/
  7. Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!


Production pictures by my friend Brecon



Anyway, the time is 8:25pm and I must get ready for bed. I've got to wake up at 4am tomorrow and get to play with puppies tomorrow for work. Such is the life of a production assistant hey?

x A

No comments:

Post a Comment